Frequently Asked Questions
Can I still test positive and not have any symptoms?
- YES, you can be healthy and not have any fever, diarrhea, muscle pain. Immediately quarantine yourself and avoid sharing dishes, drinking glasses, cups, eating utensils, towels, or bedding with other people in your home.
- Make sure to wash these items thoroughly after using them with soap and water or put in the dishwasher/washing machine.
Do I need to make an appointment?
- Yes, it is preferred that you make an appointment, but walk-ins are sometimes available.
What do I need to bring with me?
- A valid driver’s license, state ID, student ID, or passport.
- A copy of your valid insurance card.
How much does the test cost?
- If you are insured, your insurance will be billed, there will be no co-pay involved. If you are uninsured the test will be covered for you at NO cost.
How is the sample for testing collected?
- The technicians will ask you to angle your head backwards, presenting you nose for a small swab to be inserted into your nasopharynx. This may be uncomfortable but is necessary for a quality test.
How will I receive my results?
- There are few ways to access your test results:
- Quest Diagnostics results can be accessed by downloading their app.
- Clinical Pathology Laboratory results can be accessed online by creating login on SonicMyaccess.
- However, if you test positive, one of our providers will contact you by telephone.
When will I receive the results?
Depending on the lab company and the volume of test, it can take 5-10 days for results to be posted.
If you do not receive a phone call, that usually means your results are NEGATIVE.
If you need a hard copy of your test results, please contact City Serve LV and we can send your results.
What if my results are positive?
If you test positive for COVID-19, one of our dedicated providers or nurses will call you and give you instructions on the next steps.
All positive tests will be referred to the Southern Nevada Health District (SNHD) for contact tracing.
Our after-care team will be in contact if you opt-in for after care.
Do you provide antibody testing?
- Anitbody testing is not currently provided, please contact your Primary Care Provider for more information.